Thursday, February 20, 2014

Crown of Midnight (throne of Glass #2)


"An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.But her heart never wavers.
After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.
Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?"

Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass.
Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)I had no qualms about the first book. It was about a bad ass assassin whom had a love triangle. I''m not one for love triangles.
And her character....
1. She's an assassin. I loved the way Sarah made her different and how the assassin loves clothes and looking pretty.
But to make her so... Narcissistic?
Not cool, man. 
Actually, let me clarify. In one instance she's all goody-goody. The next shes; touch-me-I-will kill-you- and-stuff-you-in-a-casket.
So there are two sides to her.
What I didn't like was that (other than her narcissism) she didn't really like making decisions for herself. She was always, "Is this going to work?"
"Will this be OK?"
and, "Will someone be mad at me?" 

And there are five six books.
 Six.
I know. So six books to keep the book series going, to keep it stretched long enough for six books.
No qualms.
Except, when I read the second book. Halfway through I wanted to stop and tear my eyeballs out of my head. So why would I want to read the next four books? I wouldn't.
What aggravated me the most was the love triangle. Like I said, I'm not much for them anyway. *shrug, Shrug*  I don't think I'm going to read the rest of this series.
-KKat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archive